Thursday 27 August 2015

Futurism

Futurism

Futurism was the most important Italian avant-garde art movement of the 20th century, Futurism celebrated advanced technology and urban modernity. Committed to the new, its members wished to destroy older forms of culture and to demonstrate the beauty of modern life - the beauty of the machine, speed, violence and change.

Marinetti is known best as the author of the Futurist Manifesto, which he wrote in 1909. It was published in French on the front page of the most prestigious French daily newspaper. This is an example of a futurist manifesto. I like the way that the text is aligned diagonally which gives the design a futuristic and chaotic look. I like the use of black to create symbols and signs. The only problem is that the text is difficult to read. If I was to make my own manifesto influenced by futurism, I would make the text easier to read. I could use the shapes and alignment 

This is a simpler Futurist manifesto. I like how the crisp and vibrant blue grabs you attention to read it. I also like how the blue triangles with the numbers almost engulf the text on the page.
The mixture of olden day paper and the vibrant blue gives the layout a historical and modern texture and feel to it. 

This is my favourite design of a Futurist manifesto. This is a redesign of another manifesto and I found this design on Deviantart.com. This was designed by a University Student. I like the way that the designer kept the layout simple yet it still has an old & new look. I like the way that the title is diagonal and the way that it has the red and blue line running through it. I also like the designer’s choice of fonts because they all work together and the way that the text looks really formal and easy to read If I was to create a manifesto influenced by the futurist movement I would look back and this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment