Thursday 27 August 2015

Vorticism

Vorticism

Briefly: Vorticism was a short-lived modernist movement in British art and poetry of the early 20th century announced in the first issue of BLAST. The Vorticism movement was founded by Wynham Lewis. It was a rejection of landscape and nudes in favour of a geometric style tending towards abstraction. It can be described as visual energy; a moment of change.

This is one of the earliest uses of Vorticism in manifestos. This was for the BLAST Magazine. I like how this follows the geometric and abstract design. I like the use of straight lines and the way that the colours are simply black and white which keeps your attention on the entire thing.

This is the layout for the blast manifesto. I like this layout because I believe that the simplest designs are the best designs and this manifesto clearly shows that. I like the way there is lack of colour for the page so it is purely for reading.This manifesto is about the Vorticist movement. It lists the things that the Vorticist love and hate. For example one passage in the manifesto reads: “Curse the flabby sky that can manufacture no snow but can only drop the sea on us in drizzle.”

This is pop up 3d, hand-made manifesto. I really like his manifesto because of its unique design. I like the way that it is designed to pop up and shows the manifesto inside. I also like the triangular layout of the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment